Autism is assessed by Autism assessment battery, this battery is used to:
· Identify children with autism.
· Provide the necessary information to prepare the educational plan.
· Follow-up on the development of the treatment plan or analysis of the progress.· Used as a research tool.
· Assistingpsychologists and educators in making diagnostic decisions according to the criteria of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, FifthEdition (DSM5).
· Helps in monitoring the improvement that resulted from the intervention programs.
· Autism is also assessed by autism rating scale, this scale is used to Helpspsychologists and educators to make diagnostic decisions according to the criterions of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, FifthEdition (DSM5).
· Helps to determine the severity of deficiencies in communication and social interaction.
· Helps to determine the severity of deficiencies in restricted and repetitive behaviors.
· Helps to follow-up intervention programs.