Assertiveness is needed at times when you 're dealing with challenging people. By being assertive, an individual speaks and behaves in a manner that protects his/her rights, while also valuing the rights of others. It is a form of treating the self and others with appreciation.
In our program, the individual will learn:
- How his/her thoughts have an impact on his/her actions
- How to identify the qualities, skills, and values that distinguish him/her from others
- How to accept mistakes and work toward correcting them
- How to maintain confidence while dealing with others
- How to manage anger
- Skills for perseverance and initiative to achieve success
- How to achieve greater goals by setting small ones
- Problem-solving skills
- How to deal with others when being harassed or ridiculed
Please contact the center for more information about participation.