Adaptive Behavior Assessment
Adaptive Behavior Scale helps in:
- Determining strengths and weaknesses in adaptive skills.
- Determining the degree of support needed in the practical, social, conceptual and motor field.
- Identifying the growth path and skills that a student lacks according to his/her peers of the same age
- Raising awareness about the value of the child 's exposure to diverse experiences.
- Identifying children with less adaptive skills in comparison with their peers, especially self-care, health, safety, expressive and receptive skills.
- Alerting the family to the existence to a defect in the child 's adaptive skills, which negatively affect the child 's academic achievement and his/her relationship with his/her peers in school, noting the possibility that the defect may have resulted of behavioral problems or mental disorders.